Job Specifications for Workshop Assistant/Technician
- Consult with his supervisor on a daily basis regarding workload for the specific day.
- Keep inventory of all laboratory and workshop equipment, materials and tools.
- Ensure adequate materials and tools are available for students to carry out performance tasks.
- Ensure the laboratory equipment is available for use and in a fully functional condition.
- Hand out materials and tools to students to carry out specific practical tasks and ensure the said materials and tools are handed back after the tasks have been completed.
- Assist the Trainer/Lecturer with setting up of simulators and/or trainers to perform specific tasks.
- Assist with supervision during students practical tasks (if and when required).
- Assist supervisor with student performance assessments.
- Installation and wiring of boards for demonstration purposes.
- Mounting of materials/tools on boards for demonstration purposes.
- Assist with student supervision during examination periods.
- Contribute to student development during workshop practical sessions.
- Contributes and participates in the effective use simulators, trainers, tools and other laboratory equipment.
- Repair and maintain all equipment, and appliances (i.e., high voltage transformers, switchgear, motors, controls, etc.)
- Prepares estimates for work orders and requests material required (if and when required).
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Lead Teacher / Senior Coordinator
Requirements for Workshop Assistant/Technician
- Minimum 2 years industrial experience with Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, HVAC, Welding, Instrumentation & Control, Civil Engineering, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as a Workshop Assistant/Technician preferably with a technical training institution
- Preferably a Bachelor Degree in Technology or Engineering (Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, HVAC, Welding, Instrumentation & Control, Civil Engineering)..
- Trained in all aspects of Safety and conversant with the current legislation of the OSH.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
- Computer literate, IC3 / ICDL.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'