Works Manager (competitive salary depending on experience) is needed to join a busy specialist packaging company who design and manufacture high quality packaging products supplying a wide range of technology companies.
Our client urgently needs a Works Manager to join their team in Chatteris, Cambridgeshire. You’ll take responsibility for supporting the Directors in overseeing the smooth day to day running of Production. This is a role with lots of potential for career development for the right candidate. The major challenge of this role is to oversee production processes in this labour intensive business, ensuring the right resources are allocated and efficiencies are maximised.
Other key tasks and responsibilities of the successful Works Manager include:-
- Ensuring the smooth running of the business by overseeing the production process, managing available resources and taking responsibility for ensuring that goods are manufactured on time to the correct specification;
- Identifying the need for any new machinery, researching and delivering a business case to justify expenditure as well as arranging and overseeing the maintenance of existing plant and machinery.;
- Taking responsibility for the maintenance and security of the factory, liaising with engineers and service providers as necessary
- Ensuring the correct dispatch of goods to customers by overseeing the transportation & delivery, managing the Company’s fleet of vehicles and drivers, ensuring safe driving and VOSA driver compliance at all times;
- Working with Team Supervisors to recruit, supervise and motivate a team of workers
- Ensure that health & safety guidelines are followed and quality standards are set and monitored throughout the production process.
The successful Works Manager must have a practical background and hands on experience of production management, ideally in a labour intensive industry. You must also have people management experience with the ability to know and understand a workforce and their skill sets. Experience of working in the packaging industry is highly desirable but not essential. You must also have the following attributes:
- Computer literate with confidence in use of MS office;
- Ambitious and driven to succeed
- Highly self-motivated and keen to learn as well as willing to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own workload
In return, the Works Manager will have the opportunity to grow and develop their overall skills within a busy packaging company. If you are interested in this Works Manager role and feel you meet the requirements above, please apply today, our client is keen to meet you!