Job Title: Works Manager
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Works Manager to join a reputable company who specialise in the supply of precision measuring equipment, bespoke system design and laboratory-based UKAS calibration services.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Works Manager will be responsible encompassing full range of operational management responsibilities, from production planning, people management, quality assurance, recruitment, performance management and T&D.
- Working with the Operations Director to support the development of the Bradford Manufacturing strategy;
- Review and approve plans for the control of planned output, budget spending, material efficiency, engineering effectiveness, and human resources;
- Support the production process, drawing up a production schedule;
- Ensure that the production is cost effective with the Operations Director set and review budgets and manage cost
- Oversee inventory, distribution of goods and facility layout
- Resource planning and stock control management
- Monitor the production processes amending schedules where needed
- Responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
- Work with the Quality Manager to monitor product standards and implement quality-control programmes
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- People management - manage a team of departmental supervisors, providing leadership & direction
- Motivate & inspire team
- Assist with product design
- Establish strong working relations with other functional managers
- Report regularly to the Operations Director
- Support, plan, implement and control change management programmes
- Manage quality assurance programmes
- Research new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding manufacturing environment;
- Experience gained ideally from within the Precision Engineering sector;
- Knowledge of metrology manufacturing processes, inc. CNC machining processes;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (ideally in an engineering / production discipline);
- Ability to audit works processes and the Quality System;
If you are interested in the above position, please apply with an up to date CV. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give me a call on .
Premier are acting as an employment agency