About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Works Manager/General Foreman to join our Major Projects team to work at Avonmouth
What you'll be doing
As a Works Manager/General Foreman, you will:
- Ensure the coordination of and communication between all parts of the operation team including suppliers, subcontractors, engineering, safety and environmental team and clients team.
- Build and develop the team to deliver all aspects of the project requirements; identify training requirements, review the performance of the workforce and ensure delivery of briefings.
- Provide, monitor and control labour plant and materials to meet the programme.
- Manage sub-contractors and direct workforce.
- Ensure high standard of quality on the works to meet the specification requirements 'first time' and minimise rework.
Who we're looking for
- Have Vocational Training and successful experience at Works Manager/General Foreman level
- Have an understanding of Engineering principles
- Have a comprehensive understanding and experience of a wide range of construction techniques and best practices.
- Hold a relevant CSCS Card
- Have completed training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
Why work for us
Hinkley Point C is a landmark project. Not only will it be the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations, but it will be the first nuclear power station to be built in the UK for more than 20 years. It is also one of the biggest and most complex infrastructure projects currently planned in the UK. The marine works contract involves major tunnelling and offshore works.
The contract includes the design and construction of two intake tunnels and an outfall tunnel, as well as the installation of a number of intake/outfall heads, shafts and piles which will form part of the cooling system for the nuclear station's reactors. In total, the project requires over 9.5km of tunnel - both onshore and offshore - with internal diameters up to 7m at depths of up to 50m below sea level.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job