Job Title - Works Delivery Coordinator
Location - Birmingham, Baskerville House (B1 2ND)
Rates - £153.78 LTD/Umbrella OR £136.15 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Working on the projects in Birmingham New Street Station.
The Works Delivery Coordinator's focus will be to support the Works Delivery Manager and wider team in the delivery of Building & Civils maintenance and project work, specifically the Works Delivery Building Portfolio, to standards and within agreed resource levels.
You will ideally come from a rail/construction background and the activities and requirements include:
- Support the Works Delivery Manager(s) and team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
- Support the development of work plans that enables work to be delivered safety, efficiently and compliant to standards.
- Assist in the identification of and implementation of safety, asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Review remits and specifications for deliverability.
- Support the delivery of maintenance and project work to standards.
- Manage and coordinate of work, resource specifications, method statements and plans as required.
- Deliver work in accordance with the agreed programme.
- Provide information to update systems, databases and records.
- Support an agreed programme of staff surveillance, work quality checks and asset condition checks.
Your experience will include:
- PTS - ideal
- Project Delivery experience
- Knowledge of the construction industry
What you'll get in return
Our Client, the largest rail infrastructure business in the UK, are looking for an experienced WDC, with a construction background, with building experience and knowledge of contract/project management. You must be computer literate, numerate and competent using Microsoft Excel for daily tasks.
As such, your relevant experience, qualifications and skills will include:
- Experienced in the management and coordination of projects, worksites and resources
- Understanding of Building Construction
- Knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Knowledge of other functional disciplines
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- Understanding of Civils Engineering
- Educated to Level 3 NVQ or equivalent
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of quality, environmental, commercial, and financial procedures
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
- <p><strong>Job Title – Works Delivery Coordinator </strong>