An exciting opportunity to work as a Workplace Consultant for a leading provider of IT Services.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Consultant to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Workplace Group within our Consultancy Practice. With a strong focus on Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies, this role will provide exciting opportunities to be involved in projects for some of the UK's largest corporate organisations.
As the UK market leader, with over 55% of Windows 7 enterprise migrations in the UK and the 3rd largest Windows migration partner globally, there are extensive development and training opportunities to aid career progression. This role will provide opportunities for regular travel across the UK.
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions
- Technically manage the design and implementation of solutions, with the exception of those which are high risk/large scale
- Ensure consultancy assignments are undertaken consistently and with quality, using company methodologies
- Highlight all technical risks so that exposure to commercial risk can be minimised
- Responsible for the quality of all technical deliverables produced by the team
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Produce / update all assignment documentation
- Ensure that handover to the relevant support organisation is successfully completed
- Provide technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Identify other service and sales opportunities
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
- Build and enhance relationships with peers and sales force (Account Managers, Client Directors, Sales Specialists)
- Assist with presales technical enquiries
- Attend customer opportunity / strategy meetings, including presenting solutions from a commercial and business perspective
- Assist with qualification of designs or opportunities
- Provide appropriate contributions to Invitations To Tender, Requests For Quote, Requests For Purchase, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- Desktop deployment experience - mass rollouts of Windows 8 or 7
- Technical knowledge of Windows 10
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Deployment Toolset(s) - System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Desktop application knowledge - Office 2010 and 2013
- Desktop security products knowledge - Bitlocker or relevant disk encryption software / System Centre Endpoint Protection / Symantec Endpoint Protection or relevant vendor anti-virus / Group Policy
- Microsoft Professional Qualifications - additional accreditations with other vendors desirable
- Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server knowledge
- Microsoft Desktop Optimisation Pack (MDOP) - App-V, UE-V and MBAM
- MS Security Products - System Center Endpoint Protection
- AppSense - Application Manager and Environment Manager
- Desktop virtualisation - Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, VMware View
- MS Exchange / Office Communication Server
- Consultant - Workplace (Physical Desktop)
- Competitive salary + fully flexible benefits scheme + car
- Flexible UK base location with regular UK wide travel
- current branch
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'