Workforce Planning, Employee Rostering & Scheduling Senior IT Project Manager
Rate: £500 - £550 per day
Gatwick Airport Limited (GAL) is the most efficient single runway airport in the world. It serves more than 46 million passengers to 228 destinations in 74 countries a year on a short and long-haul point-to-point basis. Gatwick is a major economic driver for the UK contributing £5.3 billion to national GDP, generating 85,000 jobs nationally, with around 24,000 jobs on the airport campus alone. Gatwick is a high growth business regularly achieving double digit year on year revenue growth.
To become the most efficient single runway in the world Gatwick has had to set a number of world firsts in terms of process, people and technology excellence in a highly complex and fast moving environment. GAL has won numerous awards in its history, including over ten major awards in 2017 alone. These awards include airport of the year; best airport; favorite airport for short-haul flights and marketing campaign of the year by a retailer.
You will be responsible for managing the delivery of multiple Workforce Planning IT projects (or major project work streams) from initiation to completion.
This will include establishing clear Business expectations and managing these through to completion.
Plus taking Responsibility for managing scope, schedule, deliverables, budget, quality and related risks for each project.
- This role will do the project planning, scheduling, allocation of resources and project accounting. This will also manage all project communication and liaison with various internal departments as well as Business units.
- Report on project progress to PMO, Project Boards and other governance bodies.
- This role will conduct business analysis on projects which don't have dedicated business analysts.
- You must have extensive experience of managing large Workforce Planning, Rostering and Scheduling IT projects
- Many years' experience of line managing other project team members directly
- Significant experience in the relevant technology domain
- Experience in the Workforce planning, Rostering and Scheduling business domain
- Proven track record of delivery through all stages of the project lifecycle
- Proven track record of managing project teams in a matrix environment
- Experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control methodologies
- Experience with business users or external client management, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Experienced user of MS Project for creation, maintenance and running of project plans
Role Specific Experience
- Proven delivery experience implementing using the following technologies:-
- Employee Rostering & Scheduling platforms (preferably the RPP /Lockheed Martin /Leidos solution)
- Employee Rostering & Scheduling Data Migration
- Implementation of additional system interface requirements for absence management, shift patterns and other allowance payments.
- This programme will also rationalise requirements for and provide required inbound and outbound interfaces to other systems, namely HR & Payroll
- Excellent proven stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken
- University degree qualification in an IT related subject (Engineering, Information Systems, Science, Business or Commerce) or equivalent essential
- Strong Negotiation and Facilitation skills
- PMP or Prince2 certification
- ITIL / Software technology related certification is desirable
- project management