Our client is a global customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 120 countries. In 2013, they topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech company in the UK, and this year was also named the business with the 50th fastest growing profits in the UK. This is the third year that they have also been ranked in the top ten places to work in the UK by the Sunday Times Best Companies list.
They are on a mission to accelerate their clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams.
Company culture is very important to them, and that is why they were voted in the top 6 places to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2017, and why they are constantly looking for ways to make the company an even better place to work. People join them to change the industry, work with world class talent, develop their careers and become part of their remarkable culture.
Use your prolific Wordpress development skills to bring new and exciting websites to life.
Thier Technology team's vision is to create Industry leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition, mass channel marketing automation, global consumer scale CRM, petabyte sized analytics, call centres and internal processes. We expect much of their growth to come from great ideas their team members generate.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to them being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm. They support all departments throughout the business in delivering their world class services and adding massive value for all their customers.
The WordPress Frontend Engineer Role
As a technology and data driven business, they recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping them achieve their vision.
Developers at tsi company have unique access to and involvement in the business and its direction. Collaborating with colleagues from across the company they play a key role in helping to define the scope, architecture and implementation details of projects at all levels and have a real impact on the commercial outcomes and ultimate success of each project.
They value developers who are proactive and react swiftly, so you will contribute to the live code that underpins the business within your first week. At stand-up you will meet the team and the product stakeholders, take ownership of your first task and begin to provide your solutions.
You can expect to be fully involved in the team from the start, including participating in code reviews and daily standups. You will provide insight into the delivery of current and upcoming team tasks. By the end of your first week you will have submitted your first pull request, successfully passed the code review process and put your first changes into production.
From day one, you will commit production-ready and tested changes to the their codebase, creating pull requests for your work and having them peer reviewed, before deploying the changes to the live systems. You will participate in daily standups, clearly and effectively communicating your ideas and the status of your own tasks to the rest of your team. You will assist with the discovery and prioritisation of new work, and take ownership of appropriate tasks, seeing them through to delivery.
Requirements of the WordPress Frontend Engineer
- Has proven record of working with Wordpress Themes inline with the WordPress official best practices
- Experience with front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, Grunt, Gulp)
- Strong experience of sitebuilding using the latest technologies
- Excellent Wordpress theming with great attention to detail
- Able to work with Sketch or Photoshop designs to accurately deliver matching templates
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives them through to delivery
- Solicits feedback from others and is eager to find ways to improve
- Leads the way by identifying, sharing and championing best practices
- Is able to work both independently and as part of a strong team, and can focus and deliver fast.
- Passionate about site speed and performance and the techniques that goes along with it
- Have good understanding of GIT versioning
- Comfortable with PHP
- Familiarity with building WordPress Plug-ins
- Understanding SEO and Accessibility best practices
- Knowledge of Conversion Rate Optimisation and A/B Testing
- Experience with Drupal
- Understanding of UX best practices
Package for WordPress Frontend Engineer:
- £1000 Training Budget per annum
- Unlimited Book Allowance
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day
- Relaxed, informal culture - no dress code
- Hours 9-5 Monday-Friday - they promote a work/life balance culture
- Monthly companywide lunches
- Gaming and book clubs
- Sports clubs including Football, Running, Volleyball, and Cycling
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Family First culture
- Regular social nights out
- Trips to Ibiza for all staff on achieving annual targets
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job