Do you have a passion to make a difference? Better Healthcare Services is currently recruiting on behalf of a Domestic Violence Charity. We are looking for a Refuge Worker to work in supported housing units, who has experience in working with women who have suffered from Domestic Violence. This service is fully committed to providing a high-quality client focused service.
In this role you will be working with vulnerable women who have suffered from Physical, Psychological, Emotional and or Financial Abuse.
Key questions you need to ask yourself before applying for this role is;
The hours worked will be Monday to Friday (9am till 5pm), however, the core hours will be 10am till 4pm. This will be a full-time role, for at least the next three months with the view this will be extended.
- Supporting all clients and building a good relationship to help and understand what they have been through and how you as a refuge worker can help them
- You will have to be able to manage a case load of at least 6 Clients
- Assessing all referrals that come through
- Ensuring you help your clients move on to more suitable accommodation
- Being able to carry out CAADA-DASH RIC is ideal
- Being able to carry out health and safety as well as general safety assessments
- Writing a Support Plan for your clients
- Attending meetings with clients
- Checking on the temporary accommodation that they are staying in (i.e. seeing if it is clean, checking the fridge, making sure the area is habitable and just general checks)
- Liasing with different organisations or the necessary practitioners
To apply for this role, you will need;
- DBS (ideally on the update service)
- Female Worker required
- An up to date CV
- Training (ideally completed within the year otherwise refresher training will be required)
- Good IT Skills
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, only the most suitable candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you have attached your CV to your application before you press apply so that we can assess your suitability for the role. Before you decide whether or not to apply, please ensure you have read ALL the information provided and make sure that you have the relevant skills & experience for the role.
GOOD LUCK with your application!
We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'