6 Month Contract FTC
£25 - £28K
Our client based in the Portsmouth area requires an experienced Wiring Technician to work on a 6 Months FTC initially.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for building / wiring control panels, cabinets and sub-assemblies from panel diagrams and schematics. Undertake Production duties appropriate to individual skills and experience. Ensure completed units meet specifications, tolerances and customer order requirements. Involves wiring, crimping and working with wire harnesses.
Key responsibilities and tasks
· Detailed building, fitting, assembly and wiring of control panels working from engineering drawings and schematics to determine assembly procedures
· Cut, ident, lace and prepare electrical / electronic wiring and cabling according to specification
· Install wire and cable bringing elements together to form a fully functional system
· Testing of wiring installation work that has been completed
· Fabricate and test cable and / or mechanical assemblies
· Maintain the department stock level of cabling
· Ensure tasks are conducted within the Company and legislative health and safety requirements
· Operating of special purpose tools and equipment for the installation, testing, inspection and maintenance of Electrical Control Panels
· Carrying out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
· Working and/or visiting various sites, as required, for short periods, which may involve absence from home.
· Maintaining a continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
Qualifications, experience and skills
· Must be able to work efficiently as part of a team and to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
· Extensive wiring experience related to panel assembly
· Understand basic electrical theory
· Quality conscious
· Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and wiring schedules
· Ability to work under minimal supervision
· Enthusiastic and motivated attitude
· Competent in Electrical testing
· Marine / Shipbuilding / Ship Repair background
· Understanding of MOD Naval standards
· Excellent attention to detail
Role travel requirements
· Some travel to other sites / dockyards in the UK and internationally may occasionally be required.
· Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
· Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. To gain SC clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
· Candidates must be able to obtain a basic security check which will normally require you to have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'