Wintel/VMware Infrastructure Engineer
Main Function of Job
To work as part of the infrastructure team and lead both project and BAU activities within the infrastructure space.
To ensure high availability of design and maximum performance of the infrastructure in use, and to provide 3rd line support and be a member of the infrastructure on-call rota.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishing the Windows environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Designing and implementing new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- Undertaking fault investigations of the Windows and VMware environments, using information from multiple sources
- Securing systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Reporting server operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects
- Upgrading servers and software to the latest stable releases
Essential Attributes and experience:
- At least three years’ experience in an IT Systems Administration role or similar, ideally within an environment handling 200+ servers
- Completed several IT projects, responsible for designing and implementing highly available and resilient solutions
- MCSE and VCP Certified with hands on experience in Virtualisation and Cloud solutions (e.g. VMWare, Azure, AWS)
- Hands on experience in VMWare virtualisation with in depth understanding of vSphere 6, ESXi, vCenter, vROPS, DRS, SDRS and other relevant VMWare technologies
- Experience in HP Blade or similar technologies, including build, configuration and automation of server builds
- Hands on experience in Windows Server 2016, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy
- Strong PowerShell scripting, system security and automation skills
- Enterprise platforms capacity and performance management
- Good understanding of SAN Storage technologies and Networking
- Working and practical experience of ITIL
- Strong problem solving ability ranging from conceptualisation to implementation
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, with a positive attitude and team spirit
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of standard IT system administration tools such as deployment, backup, anti-virus, remote access and authentication solutions
Normal hours are to work for 8 hours a day (plus 1 hour lunch) at agreed times between 7am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
24x7 on call to be provided for one week in 4.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job