The position of Wintel Team Leader consists of managing the day to day running of the local Wintel team and providing governance, leadership, mentoring and technical expertise in areas of Citrix, Microsoft Server OS, AD, DNS, DHCP and VMWare. There are junior members of the team that will require mentorship to expand their knowledge and understanding to allow them to fulfil their potential.
The role: Wintel Team Leader
Main duties include:
- Mentoring of all team members, with particular focus on the junior team members.
- Support of Citrix, VMWare and AD environments in use by the customer.
- Support of Active Directory in the estate to include GPO, DNS, replication, DHCP and FSMO roles.
- Reporting of any statistics/information required by the service management team.
- Ensure daily checks have been completed
- Ensure team is achieving the required SLAs to deliver the service.
- Provide guidance & support in solution design to the Architect team
- Organise the on call rota among the team and the shift pattern is covered to allow for leave, sickness, training etc
- Perform performance reviews of team members and set objectives and training for the coming year
- Support project delivery aims and objectives
- Ensure management of the storage in the estate - MSA, EVA & 3Par among the team. This will include expansions, retirements, fault resolution and capacity management
- Ensure adherence to the Change Control Policy and that changes to the estate are only made under RFC.
- Ensure all changes to the estate are reflected in support documentation
- Ensure all passwords, accounts or other information are stored in the required repositories and that this information is only shared with those that have authorisation
The successful candidate:
- Ability to use logic and reason to troubleshoot and fault find.
- The ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and to give full attention to what other people are saying;
- Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Competencies (in order of importance)
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analysing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Ownership - Job requires owning the fault to resolution and collaborating with other teams to resolve issues.
Competitive salary & Company Bonus Scheme
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Communication
- Technical Competency