Wintel Engineer - Server/Exchange/ AD
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
About the company:
Our client are a fast growing Infrastructure IT Services company are trusted to RUN and TRANSFORM complicated infrastructures for large corporate organisation across Banking, Telecoms, and Technology sectors. They have over 20 years of experience of delivering successful technology solutions and have a strong customer base.
Due to growth they are looking for experienced Wintel Engineers with banking experience (or large global corporations) for a mix of BAU and project work with their customers. They offer a varied technology career across interesting customers with potential to grow into consulting or lead roles. The role is customer facing and suits those with a professional and positive approach to technology delivery.
Duties of the Wintel Engineer:
- 2nd /3rd line Support within Enterprise Wintel estates (established ITIL & Change Management environments)
- Perform Key Controls in accordance with documented processes and procedures
- Windows infrastructure related equipment builds, configurations, installation and upgrades.
- Advanced hardware support functions for PCs, laptops and servers as and where necessary.
- Plan, test and implement upgrades to infrastructure or applications
- Respond & resolve Infrastructure/Security monitoring alerts and produce monthly capacity management reporting for the Windows Infrastructure and related systems
- May include shift work and/or some out-of-hours work.
- Ad hoc project work including migrations, upgrades, & roll outs etc.
Requirements of the Wintel Engineer:
- Windows Server (2008,2008 R2,2012,2012) – with MCP certification
- Active Directory 2008/2012 and/or Exchange 2010/2013/ 2016 Exchange Online
- Skype/ Lync
- Windows OS 7/10
- VMware Sphere OR ESX
- SCCM/ SCOM
- VMware VDI (Desirable)
- Citirix Xenapp (Desirable)
- O365 (Desirable)
- Azure/AWS (Desirable)
- Scripting (Powershell, vbscript, batch) (Desirable)
- Implementing Group Policies (Desirable)
- Packaging experience (App-V, MSI repackaging, Citrix) (Desirable)
- Basic knowledge of network technologies (Desirable)
Wintel Engineer Benefits:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Professional Development
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Life assurance
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Wintel Engineer role is right for you then please apply today!