The position of Wintel Analyst consists of supporting all Windows OS based servers and the underlying Active Directory infrastructure. This includes Group Policy creation, management and troubleshooting. In addition, the Wintel team support both the virtualised and Citrix platforms and will be responsible for the configuration, management and support of the storage solutions in place.
The role: Wintel Analyst
Main duties include:
- Support the Citrix environment in use at the customer site.
- Support of Active Directory in the estate to include GPO, DNS, replication, DHCP and FSMO roles.
- Support of the VMWare environment to include patching, upgrades, server commissions and decommissions
- Troubleshooting of all server related issues in the estate
- Checking of backup reports to ensure any issues are addressed in a timely fashion
- Build of new servers both virtual & physical
- Support, maintenance and upgrade of core infrastructure systems such as SEP & encryption
- Completion of daily checks to ensure that all systems are functioning optimally
- Support project delivery aims and objectives
- Manage storage in the estate - MSA, EVA & 3Par. This will include expansions, retirements, fault resolution and capacity management
- Ensure adherence to the Change Control Policy and that changes to the estate are only made under RFC.
- Ensure all changes to the estate are reflected in support documentation
- Ensure all passwords, accounts or other information are stored in the required repositories and that this information is only shared with those that have authorisation
- Keep up to date with advancements in technology
The successful candidate:
- Ability to use logic and reason to troubleshoot and fault find.
- The ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and to give full attention to what other people are saying;
- Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Ability to work with other BITS support teams unsupervised but aware of the impact of actions taken.
- Ability to provide concise updates to the Wintel Team leader when required
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analysing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Ownership - Job requires owning the fault to resolution and collaborating with other teams to resolve issues
Competitive salary & Company Bonus Scheme
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Communication
- Team player
- Technical competency