We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a talented individual with 1st/2nd/3rd line support experience to join their global organisation in their Liverpool offices. Acting as a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organisations desktop and Server computing environment the roles includes installing diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC/Server hardware and equipment to ensure optimal performance.
The ideal candidate will also be able to troubleshoot problems in a timely and effective fashion and provide end-user support when required.
The Wintel Administrator should be able to manage virtual desktop infrastructure using Citrix.
The role requires that the person possesses solid team skills and ethic, is able to communicate well with others and understands the importance of providing service to ends users.
Primary roles & Responsibilities
- Install, upgrade, support and Windows client OS and Microsoft Office and any other authorised desktop applications.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers
- and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Performs remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised
- peripheral equipment
- Customize desktop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards
- Performs work in compliance within specified warranty requirements
- Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer
- repairs, maintains and restocks assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts
- Safely package equipment for branches and arrange for the transport of the
- When the restoration is beyond the scope of the computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment the Desktop Support Administrator will escalate the issue/problem to proper tier 3 support team member
- Develop trends by monitoring and analysing incoming calls, problems and support requests
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or notebooks that has authorized access to the network
- Manage Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of basic LAN/WAN and server infrastructure.
Additional responsibilities :
- Anti-Virus Management (Symantec & Mcafee)
- Security Patch management (Shavlik)
- Backup and Restore management (Netbackup)
- Advanced Windows Server support
- Active Directory
- Certificate encryption / renewals
- Netapp filer management
- ITHC work
- R0 Live support
- R1 training
Thorough working knowledge of Windows OS deployment and basic server management
Knowledge and experience with the following:
- Basic Active directory
- Citrix client management
- RSA token management
- Windows 7
- Windows deployment services MDT
- Windows DNS and DHCP
ITIL process awareness
Knowledge of patching and Antivirus solution for desktop
Excellent communicator both written and verbal
Ability and willingness to work in shift patterns
This role is subject to full SC clearance. Any applicants must have or be able to obtain SC clearance
- anti virus
- Windows OS Deployment
- basic server management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job