Job title: Wine Advisor
Reporting to: Basingstoke Shop Manager
Location: Basingstoke Warehouse Wine Shop
Contract Type: Fixed-Term contract
The job in a nutshell
To support the Shop Manager, shop team and other internal colleagues, in providing excellent customer service to the shop’s broad customer base.
The Warehouse Wine Shop is a critical part of our UK operations in providing an outlet for our customers to experience the Berry Bros & Rudd service, typically welcoming 20,000 customers per year. The team consists of 3/4 employees and is open 5 days a week (Tuesday to Saturday).
Who you will work with
Internal: Warehouse Wine Shop colleagues, London Shop, Wine Advice, Customer Service, Marketing Team and BB&R Warehouses.
External: Established & New Customers.
What you will do
- Presenting a high level of customer service in line with the expected standards and advising on and selling the full range of BB&R products and services to customers via the shop, phone and e-mail.
- Maintaining the Company’s high standards during the busiest time of the week. Embracing BB&R policy of acknowledging customers when they enter the shop, providing help and advice whilst they are shopping and assisting them in taking their purchases to their vehicles.
- All general shop housekeeping, to keep the retail space up to BBR standards.
- General transaction/till duties including cash handling and credit cards, till reconciliation and banking duties.
- Cellaring duties - including ordering and maintaining shop stock levels, ensuring the stockroom is organised and properly laid out.
- Organising tastings for customers where necessary. Wedding tastings, external tastings, out of hours’ tastings.
What you will bring to the role
Experience / Achievements
- Previous experience in high-end retail or hospitality and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Experience of working in a physically demanding environment (moving approx. 24,000 cases per year).
- Demonstrable experience of delivering and maintaining an outstanding level of customer service, ideally in a luxury retail or hospitality environment.
Skills / Personality Attributes
- Flexible and pro-active approach
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A naturally enthusiastic attitude and a self-motivator
- Excellent organisational ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly build relationships and establish trust
- A 'can do’ attitude
- Creative & Innovative
- Committed to delivering excellent customer service
- Good numerical ability, and commercially aware
- Confident in sharing knowledge and personal experience with customers
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good wine and spirits knowledge as a minimum and passion for the products
- WSET Level 2 minimum (WSET Level 3 preferred)
If you would like to apply for this role, please click 'apply on employer’s website’ and complete the process. Please note your application will not be received if submitted via Reed.
Application closing deadline Monday 17th May 2021
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'