Windows System Engineer
Salary upto £25k (dependent on experience) including bonus & benefits
40 Hours a week
We have an exciting new role based in Swansea we are looking for a Windows Systems Engineer, to work in our infrastructure service delivery team.
You will need to have strong Windows Server 2008 R2 upwards, with excellent AD, Group Policies, and DNS skills.
You will also be expected to be experienced in supporting VMWare, backups as well as skills with Cisco switches and firewalls.
Your activities will vary from managing existing applications and IT infrastructure to extending the network and implementing new servers and desktop/server troubleshooting.
The Windows System Engineer will be responsible for delivering quality IT problem resolutions in a timely fashion in accordance with the defined SLA’s (Service Level Agreement)
Primary Accountabilities and Deliverables:
- Maintain and Support Windows Active Directory and other Windows-based services.
- Maintain and Support Administration of email gateway and web proxy services
- Retain Windows operating systems and applications to latest patch and security releases.
- Manage and maintain a reliable server backup and procedures
- Remediate system vulnerabilities identified in security audits.
- Administration and maintenance of VMWare with ISCSI Storage.
- Administration of user accounts, passwords, security groups
- Manage and maintain firewall rules and updates
- Perform Desktop Builds using imaging software and deployment tools.
We are looking for someone that has experience in the following:
- Must have experience of working with Windows Servers, workstations, MS Exchange, VMware Citrix, Linux, anti-virus and various industry standard business software applications
- Must have an understanding of Cisco Switching environments and Firewall configuration.
- Dealing with email gateways and proxy servers, preferably Clearswift, Apache, and Squid.
- A highly responsive approach to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
- Flexibility to perform system upgrades, changes and patches outside of normal working hours when required.
- Experience of deploying solutions using AWS desirable.
- RSA remote access Appliance experience desirable
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'