Windows Analyst (Deployment & Configuration) - Banking - Windows Applications-production, Windows Server
Rate: Circa €600
Duration: 6 months
- Deployment and Configuration of Windows applications for the test,pre-production and production environments (automated & manual), liaising with the developers, testers and infrastructure experts (system engineers, security engineers,DBA, etc).
- Validation of the operational documentation (including scenario of launch in Production) for the deployment and configuration of Windows application.
- Creation and validation of procedure and operational scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Windows application ensuring the traceability of launch activities.
- Review of the architecture of the applications and ensure they can be released into the production environment in a simple and efficient way according to internal guidelines.
- Provide second level support to Production Operations - available for on call duties during certain weekends.
- Work outside of business hours is sometimes required as launches in production are generally carried out after 5PM or on Saturday (you will be paid more for working these hours)
- The team is based in our office of Braine-L'Alleud
Your Profile: Windows Analyst (Deployment & Configuration) - Banking - Windows Applications-production, Windows Server
A background in development on Windows Server is essential (System Engineering experience is not required for this position). However, it's not a mission of pure development, the candidate should be interested in the various aspects of integration of applications running on a Windows infrastructure (Security, network, middleware).
- Windows Server (2000 and/or 2003)
- Visual Basic (VB6 and/or VB.net)
- SQL Server (2000 and/or 2005)
- Scripting (VBS and/or Perl)
- Problem solving and lateral thinking mindset
- MS Internet Information Server (IIS)
- MS COM+
- Notions of security & architecture (clustering, load balancing, DMZ)
- Experience of working in a similar, high availability environment (Conscious and focussed on the controls required to assure the required service levels) is a plus.
Please send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to
I am keen to send CVs across to the client on Monday / Tuesday next week
- Windows Server
- Deployment and Configuration of Windows applications