We are currently recruiting for a Window Installer / Site Services Engineer to be based in the East Anglian Region completing remedial works across the UK. This role reports to the Site Services Manager, Melton Mowbray.
A company vehicle will be provided to the successful applicant.
We are particularly interested in candidates with installation experience for this position.
Objective of the Role
As a Site Engineer you are primarily responsible for rectifying reported manufacturing defects out on site. The key tasks and responsibilities are to re-hang doors, glaze windows, and rectify ironmongery defects and touch-up paint defects. You will also be required to inspect Jeld-Wen products and complete the required reports for all work undertaken.
You will be expected to operate with a total 'SAFETY FIRST' mentality and a 'QUALITY’ getting it right first time every time mentality
You are required to set the standards for all remedial activities, role model behaviours in line with the JELD-WEN standard of acceptance and in accordance with JELD-WEN values and expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a company representative and ambassador for all inspections and manufacturing tasks out on site.
- Ensure that all materials used are in accordance with the specifications
- Ensure that work performed is in accordance with the specifications
- Communicate with clients and keep them informed throughout the remedial work
- Complete planned work and organise your equipment efficiently to to meet agreed deadlines
- Report any quality control and health and safety matters on site in line with company procedure
- prepare reports as required
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Site inspections may involve climbing ladders or visiting areas of sites where access is difficult. Appropriate safety equipment, such as protective boots and headgear, must be worn on site and will be provided.
The working week is usually 39 hours, but may include early starts or late finishes. This role requires regional travel and overnight stays in hotels during the week, if required.
Experience and Background Requirements
- The successful applicant must be a time served joiner
- The successful applicant must have a site CSCS card prior to employment
- A full driving license is required for this role
- Knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation
- Experience of working in a manufacturing or construction environment would be advantageous
You will need to demonstrate the following;
Ability to champion the JELD-WEN Values
A total 'SAFETY FIRST’ mentality, understanding and culture
A 'QUALITY’ getting it right first time every time mentality
Have the highest of personal standards
Strong team working skills
Excellent people management and communication skills
- Have basic computer skills and experience of basic IT software
JELD-WEN - a leading global manufacturer of windows, doors, stairs, and treated composite trim and panels - operates 90 facilities in more than 20 countries with $3.5 billion in revenues; half of which comes from outside the United States.
In the UK, JELD-WEN has approximately 1200 staff that produce and distribute quality doors, windows, patio doors and stairs. Operating across 5 factories - the UK head office and door production facility is based in Sheffield; 3 factories in Melton Mowbray - one that is dedicated to timber windows, doorsets and patio doorsets, one that is the largest volume production facility for timber stairs in the UK, and the mill which supplies components to the other sites; and the Penrith factory, which specialises in the manufacture of veneered, foil and moulded internal doors.
- CSCS Card
- Site Work
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'