At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world’s leading manufacturers. Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a Windchill Solutions Consultant to be based at our office in Bristol.
Our PLM practice helps manufacturers build better products, define better processes, and reduce costs. As an engineering services organization, we use the processes and software we recommend to our clients. We leverage two decades of PLM domain expertise, industry-leading software partnerships, innovative training services, and a laser-like focus on understanding the product development challenges specific to each of our clients.
The Windchill Solution Consultant, working within the Tata Technologies PLM Delivery organisation, will act as point of contact for project managers and solution architects to deliver Windchill related solutions.
The Windchill Solution Consultant will be responsible for writing functional requirements specifications, test plans, usage methodologies, processes and training material. The role will require the consultant to implement client requirements in Windchill by both configuration and customisation techniques.
The consultant will spend much of their time at Tata Technologies client sites, mainly in the UK and Europe, but also potentially worldwide. The duration of client engagements range from single days through to multiple months.
The consultant will be assigned to a project and will need to understand specific requirements from client around Engineering Data Management, Document Management, CAD Data Management and Product Structure definition.
Area of Responsibility
- Discover and define client requirements as part of conducting as-is process studies at client sites
- Listen to and understand Tata Technologies clients Windchill application usage and provide documented, robust and repeatable solutions to identified issues
- Define, author and deliver, based on defined client requirements, PLM application training, method and process material
- Configure and/or or customise Windchill as necessary to meet client requirements for functionalities such as Document Management, CAD Data Management and Product Structures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local and distributed teams from both Tata Technologies and clients, including project managers, PLM solution architects and other Windchill consultants and software developers.
- Work in collaboration with onsite and offshore teams to turn client requirements into deliverable solutions and deliver project milestones on time.
- Participate in communication forums with the broader organisation to share knowledge, and identify and promote technical solutions
Knowledge / Experience
- Hands on experience on Windchill 10 and above
- Expertise in solution implementation using Windchill as a PLM platform
- Hands-on experience in managing database queries in Windchill
- Preferable if able to write code in Windchill (API, Webjects, Infoengine)
- Experience of working with PDMLink and ProjectLink Windchill modules
- Knowledge of configuration management and options and variants in Windchill
- Knowledge of Windchill library management and standard parts management
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook)
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including:
- Pension Scheme - We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
- 25 Days’ Holiday
- Private Health Care
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme - up to 20% of new JLR vehicles
- Group Income Protection
- Health Assured - Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Shield - Private Health Cash Plan
- Free Parking
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better™.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job