Job Role: Wind Turbine Authorising Engineer & AT Technician
Location: Northern Ireland.
Salary: On Application
Over the past decade AWES has grown to become a leading provider in Operations and Maintenance and Crane and Installation work packages, all over Europe and further afield, supporting the major names in Wind. AWES are committed to growing its wind power organisation through customer focused operations, service reliability and efficient safe working practices.
We are looking for an experienced AT/AE who is keen to join a fast paced and thriving business which is experiencing large levels of growth and change. This position will be mostly site based with some required travel across the UK, Ireland & Europe.
As an AT you will be required to carry out electrical and mechanical maintenance and fault finding on Bonus/Siemens 1.3 turbine models, however experience with/on other technology is also of benefit. As an AE in this technology you will write, review and approve Wind Turbine Safety Rule’s (WTSR) Approved Written Procedures (AWP). You will ensure that all AWPs are clear, concise and unambiguous, with points of isolation and/or safety precautions in the correct order to ensure 'Safety from the System’. Moreover, you will review and approve Method Statements, Work Instructions and Risk Assessments. You will also be capable and familiar with MSDS (material safety data sheets) and COSHH (control of substances hazardous to health) and hold or be working towards a relevant IOSH certificate. It will also be your responsibility to ensure that the requirements of the HV Safety Rules are adhered to, when writing cross boundary work documents.
- On site authorised WTG technician
- Carry out electrical and mechanical service, maintenance and fault finding
- Proficient in the wind turbine safety rules (WTSR’s)
- Compliance to our Health and Safety Management system
- Comply with the wind turbine safety rules when working under an AWP.
- Work safely under the AWP’s and RAMS specific to the task in hand.
- Select the correct documentation for the task at hand.
- Ensure general safety for themselves and others in their working party or affected by their undertakings.
- Ensure safety from the system as required under the WTSR’s.
- Ensure correct levels of supervision are provided as stated in the WTSR’s.
- Be able to carry out transfer of control with the operational controller.
- Work in accordance with the WTSR management instructions
- Creating, reviewing and approving Approved Written Procedures in line with WTSR, Support Procedures, Management Instructions and site requirements
- Review and approval of Service Procedures (Method Statements, Work Instructions,) and Risk Assessments
- Verification of Points of Isolations (100% check on a WTG - in coordination with an appointed site AT) and Safety Precautions to achieve "Safety from the System"
- Writing and reviewing bespoke Service Procedures.
- Reviewing specialist tools for site, including managing the Approved Tools List for the site
- Conducting on site WTSR Training/Induction
- Liaising with team on WTSR documents related issues
- Assisting the implementation and roll out of new procedures/processes
- Input to monthly customer reports
- Liaising the customer to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Support to the regional Operation & Maintenance Manager and QHSE
- General site tasks such as reports and inventory management
Experience and professional qualifications
To succeed in this role, you must have 2-5 years’ experience working as an AT (WTSR) and AE, specifically with Siemens 1.3 turbines. Experience with/on differing sub 2mw technology, including fault finding, servicing, major component changes, blade works and other services associated with O&M would be of great advantage.
You will hold all GWO certification including medical, working at height, first aid, hub rescue, fire awareness, in order to fulfill your duties.
You will have an electrical background, ideally gained via an apprenticeship scheme and qualified to a minimum of level 3, with an electrical and/or mechanical degree/HND advantageous. You will also command a sound knowledge and understanding of how to manage and maintain general safety and safety awareness. You must be physically fit and comfortable working at heights and coping with the respective and associated challenges this brings.
You will command a high level of literal, written and verbal English skills and you will also have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel). We expect you to have a full driver’s license and travel around the UK and Ireland to various sites will be required.
As a person, you are flexible, dependable and a team player who is able to influence and lead others in a positive manner. You are a self-starter and able to take a task from inception to roll completion. You will also have excellent organisational, time-management and communication skills