Widening Participation Manager - Housing & Growth / Economic Development.
Your new role
Haringey Council is keen to provide opportunities for Haringey adults to access Higher Education (HE) opportunities. This is currently being delivered through specific project work with Birkbeck, University of London (Birkbeck).
The project has helped to establish that there is a healthy appetite amongst the borough's adult population to take up HE opportunities. As such, there is a need to broaden and deepen the strategic relationships with Birkbeck and other HE institutions.
The Widening Participation Manager will lead on further developing and maintaining these strategic relationships. In order to tie this work into broader progression activities - and to acknowledge that the Apprenticeship Levy will mean that apprenticeships will become an increasing feature of HE provision - the Widening Participation Manager will also have strategic and operational responsibility within the Council for increasing the number of residents taking up apprenticeship opportunities.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful applicant will need to have proven skills and passion for working with young people, adults, employers, employment and training providers, schools, Further Education and HE institutions.
You will need to be able to work with stakeholders across the public, private and third sectors to develop operational and strategic relationships. You will have knowledge of apprenticeships and the HE landscape, and the challenges associated with developing pathways to help young people and adults to access associated opportunities.You will also ideally have a relevant qualification in and/or experience of delivering Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance.
We are looking for someone who is well organised and can manage a challenging, but exciting and varied workload.
- Experience of strategic and operational project development and delivery
- Experience of partnership working and influencing multi agency approaches to project delivery at a strategic level Experience of working in a Further Education or Higher Education environment A proven track record of meeting and exceeding set targets as well as managing the performance of others within the context of an apprenticeship, Further Education or Higher Education environment
- Experience of setting up and managing a team to deliver required results
- Experience of delivering results working on own initiative and within a team environment
- Experience of working within a matrix management environment
- Experience of arranging and running events, including sourcing speakers, co-ordinating publicity, agreeing responsibilities, and communication with attendees.
- Experience of working in community settings
- Experience of working with under-represented groups
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to progress your career within Haringey Council, company laptop and mobile phone, generous annual leave, flexible working from home options, flexible retirement, interest free travel loan (season ticket and bicycle loan), defined benefit pension scheme (career average), learning and development courses at work, courses and workshops to offer support and help through change, long Service Award and many more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.