c£24,000 DOE Plus Benefits
We’re mad about organic veg. It’s at the core of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into boxes and deliver it to customers’ doorsteps around the UK. This takes a lot of brilliant people, with a range of skills and knowledge.
Riverford began in 1986, with a few acres of veg, a wheelbarrow and a beaten up 2CV for deliveries. We’ve grown into a successful e-commerce business, with two farms and packhouses, a fleet of vans and drivers, a wholesalers, butchery, organic restaurant and pub. We employ people across many areas including IT, Logistics, Sales, HR, Finance and Marketing (and more besides).
Our culture and values set us apart from other businesses. Riverford is a friendly, informal place to work, with a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit.
As of June 2018, Riverford is employee owned. The company founder Guy has chosen employee ownership to protect Riverford’s values, ensure its independence, and because he believes the employees are the best people for the job. Working for Riverford makes you a 'co-owner’, which gives you greater insight into the working of the business and more of a say about how it should be run, through our employee council and trustees. Join us to learn how we do it our way at Riverford.
What you’ll be doing
Riverford operates a dedicated wholesaling business based in Ledbury, Herefordshire; with a customer base made up of shops, restaurants, box schemes and several large processors. The business continues to grow, and a vacancy has arisen for an experienced supervisor to join the team to lead the day to day running of the wholesale production area and customer fulfilment.
With a large number of customer orders to be stocked, picked and dispatched each day, you will work with a dedicated team to ensure orders are fulfilled with exceptional quality, on time and in full. You will work with the wholesale manager to ensure the weekly sales forecast is implemented into a stock control plan, scheduling the stock as and when you need it. As well as keeping the operational side of the department running smoothly, you will also establish a good relationship with your team, keeping them motivated and being an approachable point of contact for any issues. You will look after performance management, holiday requests, staffing levels, health and safety, attendance and appraisals.
You’ll be confident with IT as each day you will need to complete your administrative tasks which includes processing your daily works orders on the internal stock management system and working with the admin resource to calculate your daily KPIs. You’ll need strong communication skills; talking to your manager or other departments around the business to tackle problems and supply or QC issues as they arise.
- Manage the receipt of stock into the business. Ensuring all stock is checked for quantity and quality and logged on the system.
- Own the stock view, understanding what stock has been ordered versus sales, when stock is arriving, and how to effectively manage and rotate each item.
- Manage the day to day wholesale picking and stock rotation through the picking team.
- Manage the dispatch of orders to customers ensuring a high level of customer service at the depot. Customer contact will be required.
- Provide direction to the driver for delivered wholesale and be prepared to make deliveries as required.
- Make sure all necessary health and safety and legal checks are in place; cleaning records are compiled, and the general layout out is consistently challenged to optimise ways of working, and that the wholesale production area is managed to a high standard.
- You need to ensure all new starters are inducted correctly and receive the necessary training.
- You need to be looking to develop your team and look for improvements and should strive for 100% fulfilment of customer orders.
- Within your team look for improvements whether they are small or large and work with the wholesale manager to assess the viability and carrying them through to implementation.
- Manage your team’s holiday requests, disciplinary, absence and performance within the wholesale team
- Work with the Wholesale Manager to forecast and manage labour requirements
- Ensure Riverford’s stock system is used effectively and competently within your area, flagging and responding to any N/A or surplus lines.
- Proactive management of surplus and grade out stock to minimise wastage
Skills & experience
- Experience of working in a production/warehouse environment
- Experience of leading a team with good people management/supervisory skills
- Helpful to have a knowledge of fresh produce
- Appraisal, first aid, manual handling training useful
- Excellent communication, motivational and management skills
- Accurate, with good attention to detail
- Organisational skills, numerate
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong IT skills, in particular Excel
- Driver’s licence
- Fork lift licence (preferred)
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people - and other benefits too. We offer 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), enhanced maternity/paternity, a generous company pension scheme and an annual profit share. We love food and hope you do too, so we give staff 25% off everything we sell on our website; heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches in the staff canteen; and free organic fruit and veg. There are also many social events for staff, with two big parties a year.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Wholesale Supervisor, Wholesale Production Supervisor, Production Supervisor, Production Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor, Distribution Team Leader.
Working hours: 40 hours per week, initially Monday - Friday from 6:00am - Finish, then Sunday - Thursday
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"