Location: Tunbridge Wells/Tonbridge
Salary range: £20,000 - £23,000 DOE
About Our client:
Our client is a UK-based distributor of spirits. They distributes spirits manufactured within the UK globally, and spirits which have been imported from outside of the UK within the UK. They believe in drinking better quality spirits and have worked hard to source one of the most exciting portfolios of craft spirits in the world.
They work closely with their partners in retail, wholesale, and the on-trade to help reduce their reliance on mainstream brands and introduce higher quality alternatives. Their collaborative approach to business, coupled with our carefully curated spirits range, has made them one of the fastest-growing distributors in the UK.
Our client was awarded the IWSC Spirits Distributor of the Year in 2014, 2016, and 2017.
Purpose of the Wholesale Assistant:
To assist and support the Maverick Drinks Partner Managers in delivering outstanding service to their customers. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience within a fast-paced, exciting and growing alcohol distribution team.
Responsibilities of the Wholesale Assistant:
- Drive positive working relationships with all wholesale and retail partners and deliver excellent levels of customer service at all times
- Managing the order processes including inputting, confirming orders with clients, following up and resolving any issues
- Ensure that all relevant information is kept updated to keep the customer informed and manage the relationship effectively
- Liaise with Fulfilment Team to ensure the successful dispatch of orders
- Work with external ordering systems to ensure successful dispatch of orders from 3rd party warehouses
- Follow through with queries from wholesale partners positively and promptly
- Make rational, consistent commercial decisions according to the customer’s situation
- Work collaboratively with other departments across the wider Atom Group
- Liaise with courier and freight agents to achieve timely and effective collection and delivery of company
- To be able to identify and develop, effective and constructive solutions to challenges encountered within the department
- Carry out stock reconciliations
Requirements of the Wholesale Assistant:
- Highly organised and efficient with excellent administration skills
- Customer service experience
- Some previous outbound sales experience would be highly desirable
- Knowledge of HMRC regulation, Excise Duty and Underbond movements is preferred
- Process driven - logical, accurate and detail oriented
- Able to adjust to competing and shifting priorities
- Positive 'can do’ attitude, adaptable, proactive, enthusiastic and prepared to get involved
- A diplomatic team player, with excellent interpersonal skills who can interact effectively and build relationships internally and externally and can also work autonomously when required
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written, and strong numerical skills with the ability to collate and interpret data
They are a small but growing team of dedicated individuals. Their business is constantly changing and sometimes it can be difficult to know precisely where the next concerted effort will be required. Like everyone in their team, you will be expected to contribute to a wide range of additional tasks from time to time. They’ll always make sure that you have the support, knowledge and equipment you need in order to perform those additional tasks.
Our client loves it when members of their team come to them with ideas. If you think that they could be doing something else, or that there is a way of improving the way they do something, you simply must let them know!
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Wholesale Assistant role then please apply now!