Welsh Teaching Assistant - Supply - Denbighshire - REF 2011077
We are currently recruiting for dedicated and enthusiastic welsh-medium teaching assistants to work within Primary Schools across Denbighshire.
A positive and flexible approach is required as Denbighshire County is extremely busy for immediate day-to-day supply which can be built up to full time work or part time work depending on how flexible you wish to be. We also offer long-term positions with the potential of being offered permanent roles.
The ideal candidate will have a teaching assistant qualification, however applications will be considered from people who have extensive experience of working with young people, either in the classroom or in a nursery setting.
At Excell Supply we ensure we listen to all of our candidates and proactively work with you on your needs and requirements. We look to continuously build upon our team of education specialists and we are looking for high quality teaching assistants to join our team.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with additional needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education/behaviour plans and personal care programmes
- Establish positive and supportive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of pupils
- Promote good behaviour, dealing promptly with incidents in line with established policy and encourage the pupil to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- To aid pupils in their learning as effectively as possible by giving positive encouragement to reinforce self-esteem and confidence in each task
- Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed
- Provide regular feedback on learning and development to the teacher and other professionals
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work
Successful candidates will be required to have the following;
- A relevant Childcare/Learning Support Qualification or extensive relevant experience
- Fluent Welsh language skills
- Good organisational and communication skills
- The ability to work to your own initiative and be reliable and flexible
- The ability to build professional relationships with both staff and pupils
What to expect from Excell Supply
- Excellent rates of pay
- Work that you want - we listen to your needs
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - earn up to £50 per referral
- A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
- Access to discounts with over 3000 retailers via our Excell Rewards Programme
- Opportunity for permanent positions
- Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.