About Sunrise Winchester
In February 2018 we were awarded "Outstanding" by the CQC in our recent inspection and are the only care home in the Winchester are that has this. We are super proud of this and shows why we are a great place to work and for our residents to live too.
About the role
Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Registered Nurse is one of the key and fundamental roles within our communities. As Registered Nurse you will put the residents care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As a Registered Nurse you will be responsible for the monitoring of the health and wellness of the residents, you will assist in training and monitoring of medication care administration, communicate with resident support services and families and maintain clinical quality assurance, while leading and demonstrating the Mission for Sunrise Senior Living, "to champion the quality of life for all seniors"
Day to day activities of a registered nurse - RGN
- Assess residents health and wellbeing across a complex and changing caseload
- Assist in the delivery of care to meet individuals health and wellbeing needs
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information
- Develop your knowledge and skills as an RGN and those of others
- Promote best practice as a Registered Nurse
- Assist in maintaining and developing robust and compliant services
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Promote peoples equality, diversity and rights
- Work autonomously with minimum supervision
- Apply clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied scenarios
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- The Registered Nurse will be a natural team player with the ability to lead when needed
- hold an up to date NMC Registration and fully maintained PREP.
- Competence across a range of nursing skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge
- Possess training requirements for RGN role - Including infection control and health and safety competencies
- Demonstrate principles of accountable practice as a RGN
- Passion for working with and supporting the needs of Senior Adults
- Effective interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- Demonstrate an up to date knowledge and training on topics such as infection control and Health and Safety
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You'll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- 'Your choices' voluntary benefits - employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company's mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: "to champion quality of life for all seniors".
In addition to 25 UK care homes, Sunrise has hundreds of other communities in the USA and Canada. Each care home offers personalised care services based on individual need. These range from basic care and help with the tasks of everyday living to more intensive nursing care in those care homes that are registered to provide nursing. Every care home includes a Reminiscence neighbourhood, dedicated to the needs of residents living with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"