Work Relief Charity Recruitment is recruiting for a local charity’s Wellbeing Café that offers a community hub where people can go for a relaxing chat, as well as providing people with mental health and wellbeing advice and to give people the chance to develop skills, increase confidence and the chance to support the local community
With the development of an innovative new Wellbeing Café (open 1 evening per week),, we are looking for a Support Worker / Project Worker to provide a safe, inviting and responsive drop in facility for people experiencing a range of complex mental health problems. You will have the opportunity to support the day-to-day running of the Wellbeing Café, helping to develop and deliver a range of activities.
Wellbeing Project Worker
£13 per hour
5 hours per week
12 month fixed term contract with extension by agreement.
Key duties will include:
- Support the day-to-day running of the Wellbeing Café, helping to develop and deliver a range of activities.
- Support the Café Coordinator with the planning and delivery of all café functions and activities.
- Deliver high quality support to all café clients
- Help define wellbeing activities and support instructors as may be required in delivery.
- Provide support, direction and leadership to a team of volunteers.
- Provide appropriate support to enable people to grow, strengthen and develop their potential
- To provide a welcoming environment that is inclusive to a range of people with diverse needs.
This is a super role within the charity - working within a team of wellbeing support workers. We see this as an ideal role for an experienced Support Worker / Advocate / Advice Provider / Mentor / Counsellor / Outreach Officer / Community Worker / Youth Worker / Community Support Officer or anyone who has a proven track record in providing support or advice in a statutory, voluntary, community or private social care setting.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience in a relevant role, which should ideally include working with clients with complex support needs
- An understanding of the need for wellbeing activities with some experience of either delivering or receiving them
- Demonstrable ability to develop relationships with a variety of partners and individuals
- Understanding of the issues surrounding hard to reach clients and people who are lonely and isolated
- Reliable and trustworthy, especially with regard to handling of confidential material
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
To apply, please email a copy of your up to date CV.
Due to the high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not heard from one of our representatives within 1 week of applying, then your application has been unsuccessful.
- support work
- project worker