What you’ll be doing
As a Wellbeing Co-ordinator you will help older people to live independently in the community, actively networking with other agencies to support a person-centred approach and service.
You will join a dedicated team, providing a range of housing-related support services, including:
- Helping residents to live independently and visiting them to assess and meet their support needs
- Promoting social activities on the estate and in the wider community
- Working closely with the statutory and voluntary sectors to provide a seamless service and liaise with residents’ relatives
Who we need
You will need to have a caring, supportive nature and be a superb communicator. You will be highly organised and comfortable planning your own work and be familiar with the needs of older people. Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage but is not essential.
We need people who share our values, people who are friendly, customer focused, calm and have the ability to work with a wide range of people. Being computer literate is also essential.
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by the Silver Standard award for Investors in People. At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days (pro rata for part time staff)
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- A commitment to growing you through training and individual development plans
About the role
- View full job description
- Location: Bramble Court, Dorset Avenue, South Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE34 7JP
- Interview date: to be confirmed
- Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Hanover is currently going through a period of organisational change and this position may be reviewed in 2018.