Well at Work Background:
Well at Work (WaW) is a training and consultancy service which provides mental health awareness and wellbeing programmes (including training, consultancy, policy development, wellbeing interventions) to both public and private sector organisations across the UK. WaW currently works with wellbeing partners including: Allianz, The Bank of England, National Crime Agency, Financial Ombudsman, Joseph Rowntree Foundation, Kantar World Panel, Blue Light Emergency Services, Met Police and London Healthy Workplace Charter.
The business case for managing mental health is very clear. Nationally, absence costs organisations £8 billion per year and presenteeism costs up to £26 billion a year. Recruitment due to sick leave cover or replacing staff costs £8 billion a year. Employers are looking for ways to manage their staff effectively, dealing with performance and sickness issues proactively rather than reactively, thereby cutting the cost to the employer and increasing productivity.
Purpose of the Job:
This is a prestigious client facing role with the primary purpose of delivering training to public and private sector clients, with delivery accounting for 75% of the role. There will also be a requirement for new product development (NPD): designing, developing and enhancing training packages for new businesses, which will account for 25% of the role.
A good knowledge of mental health issues is essential. The ideal candidate should have a strong personal desire to combat the stigma associated with mental health in organisations and be able to demonstrate this.
The successful candidate should have experience of working towards targets. This position will be self-funded via the margin from the delivery of training and the long term future of the role will be based on this financial aspect alongside performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creatively manage the delivery of training using experiential group exercises, case studies, role plays, one-to-one mentoring and training using PowerPoint, whiteboard / flipchart paper.
- Design, develop and enhance on training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation, ensuring that training requirements are met and exceeded.
- Deliver NPD initiatives to agreed timescales and budget, ensuring all programmes enhance the client experience.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the field of mental health and workplace wellbeing, including research and analysis to ensure product suite and materials are updated.
- Have an understanding of e-learning techniques, including involvement in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages. Help develop online resources, such as videos, podcasts and toolkits.
- Manage a small ringfenced portfolio of Well at Work clients end-to-end, from explaining services, sending proposals, building relationships and maintaining contact.
- Work with the coordinator to manage administrative tasks when required or during busy periods, including data input of survey results, calendar appointments, online and email enquiries.
- To attend relevant events where new leads can be generated, in the absence of the Head of Workplace Wellbeing, or during busy times of year.
- To work towards an agreed target and development plan, in line with the 2018/2019 budget and MTP.
- To form professional relationships with staff / stakeholders across Mind offices.
- To provide sound advice on issues such as managing mental health and employment support in the workplace, with experience of line management in a corporate setting.
- To assist in the writing of proposals to prospective clients.
- To undertake any new, reasonable duties that arise as per business need, in line with the skills required for this role.
- Experience of producing and delivering presentations or workshops
- Successful track record of customer relationship management
- Previous line management experience
- Excellent knowledge of mental health and workplace wellbeing
- Organisational skills and excellent time management
- Experience of using Microsoft office package
- Previous e-learning experience
- Mental Health
- Presentation Skills
- Relationship Management
- Development Work