We are recruiting for a Welding Supervisor for a Sheet Metal workshop in the Blackburn area.
As a Welding Supervisor you will need to have:
- Ability to meet and focus on tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate common welding processes
- Ability to optimize welding productivity and performance
- Ability to interpret welding symbols and technical drawings
- Ability to give clear instruction
- Knowledge of materials and their weldability characteristics
- Knowledge of project management methodology
- Knowledge of welding safety standards
- Knowledge of welding inspection
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Fully skilled welding and sheet metal fabrication background
Details of the Welding Supervisor role
Salary:£35,000 a year
Working Hours :Usual hours will be 48 hours per week - core hours are 07:00 - 16:20 Mon-Thurs and Friday 07:00 - 13:45. Overtime paid after 40 hours.
Role of a Welding Supervisor
Communicate job expectations and performance requirements to welders
Liaison with production manager to maximize efficiency, quality and customer satisfaction
Liaison with production manager on timings of samples, new and ongoing jobs
Develop welding procedures
Provide root cause analysis and execute corrective action plans
Ensure that all welding meets the specified requirements
Ensure that all welding inspection tasks are performed
Maintain records, inspection results, and performance documentation
Allocate the resources of the plant and of staff in the most effective proportions to meet targets.
Ensure quantities are adhered to.
Initiate, Implement and drive change where improvements are needed
Ensure production is considerate of Health & Safety
Monitor and advise management when training plans are needed / required to ensure a multi skilled work force.
Report any issues from changeover of day/night shifts.
If you are interested in the above Welding Supervisor role please click apply.
- Welding Supervisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"