Welder / Fabricator, Stoke on Trent, Manufacturing
The Company, a subsidiary of a larger leading company, is a growing power in its market here in the UK and increasingly, around the world. For more than half a century, the Company has hauled freight and passengers, powered ships, and generated electricity for over 100 countries around the globe. Becoming a part of the Company means becoming a part of a challenging and bright future in their global marketplace.
To lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements, whilst at all times carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the company HSQE Policy. To be responsible for ensuring the quality, and accuracy of own work.
- Ensure that work is carried out in a planned and organised manner to ensure efficiency and safety of self and others.
- Work as an integral part of the Engine/Power Pack/Modifications Team to ensure timely client delivery.
- To ensure that our customer's locomotives are maintained to current legal, national, industry and company standards within the company's contractual responsibilities.
- To ensure that our customers locomotives are delivered on time and to budget following repair and maintenance.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- Responsible for carrying out all technical and non-technical duties and responsibilities within company work instructions guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul activities.
- Operate a variety of hand held tool and power tools as required in a safe and efficient manner in line with guidelines, policy and procedure.
- Responsible for delivering high standards of engineering, maintenance and workmanship.
- Ensure that the quality procedures are adhered to, working closely with the Production Foreman, Engineering Department and QHSE representatives.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work within a technical or specialist area of expertise in order to continuously improve quality ·
- Considers problems as a challenge and able to identify and develop practical solutions, communicate the findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
- Develops competence and expertise.
- Able to work as part of a team and exercise tolerance and consistency when dealing with others.
Salary: £27,500 + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to the following: Welders Fabrication, Engineering Steel Welders, Steel Fabricators, Steel Engineers, Manufacturing, Production, Manufacturer, Rail Industry, Railway, Locomotive, Mill, Crewe, Stafford, Market Drayton, Staffordshire, Northwich, Derby, Cannock
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"