Welcome Week Programme Coordinator
We are looking for a Welcome Week Programme Coordinator to support our client’s delivery of a vibrant and inclusive Welcome Week programme, working to ensure all students have a welcoming experience to University.
This role is part time (20 hours) until the end of July, with ultimate flexibility of those hours in the working week. The role will then become full time over the summer period, August, September and ideally October, but in October can go back down to part time.
Flexibility is a must during the Welcome Week with potential weekend and evening work required.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure a coordinated approach for the planning and smooth running of Welcome Week Programme events and activities. Also liaising and supporting with the other departments
• Production of delivery plans, papers for internal committees and coordination of meetings
• Production and management of an action log, risk and opportunity log and stakeholder engagement plan
• Provide advice, support, planning and operational management to Student Officers and Club and Society executives in the provision of student led events during Welcome Week
• Liaising with Student Activities/Societies and Sports Clubs in order to ensure students are able to access a 'one calendar’ view of Welcome Week activities
• Lead on the coordination of Welcome Supervisor and Helper recruitment
• Provide support with overseeing and managing events throughout the Welcome Week
• Assisting with the creation of content and copy for publications/web content and social media
• Produce a review of Welcome Week and recommendations for 2019
• Ensure all services operate within the guidelines
• Manage relationships with internal and external suppliers
• Work within a budget while planning Welcome Week
Skills and experience
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Experience/knowledge of project management
• Excellent communication skills
• Great problem solving skills, with a great reactive ability to solve any problems that may occur quickly
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrable creativity and innovation
• Managing or running an event would be advantageous - this can be for a University society
University of Warwick
Interviews are planned to take place on Wednesday 18th April.
- Organisational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Highly Detailed
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job