Are you a Weighbridge Clerk looking for the next great opportunity?
We are currently recruiting within our successful and large construction/utility waste recycling depot in Kent for a full time, enthusiastic and motivated Weighbridge Clerk to join our friendly team based in West Malling and Leybourne. The Group of Companies has been expanding since 1999 and our West Malling and Leybourne Depot specialises in the recycling of soil, concrete and aggregates.
This role would be suitable for an experienced Weighbridge Clerk or someone willing to learn the role as training will be given.
- Operate the Weighbridge and accurately record the weight and other specified details of vehicles both entering and leaving the site.
- Produce tickets using the in-house weighbridge system
- Carry out general housekeeping duties in and around weighbridge
- Take initiative to allow any problems and queries to be effectively dealt with
- Keep accurate records and store information correctly
- Where appropriate, implement the Company’s charges for the acceptance of waste, the weighing of vehicles and sale of materials
- Issue instructions to drivers/contractors of vehicles entering and leaving the site as required to ensure Health and Safety and operational procedures are adhered to
- Liaise with other Weighbridge personnel to ensure that the Weighbridge and reception service is maintained during the site’s opening hours
- Respond to telephone and visitor’s enquiries; deal with those concerning the services provided by the site as appropriate
- At least 1 year of previous work history as either a Weighbridge Clerk or similar role within the transport or recycling industry
- Wamitab preferable but not essential
- Ability to use a computer to a good standard for Word, Outlook, Excel, etc
- A knowledge of aggregates and LGV's would be an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Able to manage yourself with the ability to give instructions to others
- Previous experience within a similar operational role
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday - Friday 07.00 - 17.00
Saturday 07.00 - 12.00 (with every third Saturday off) (55 hours per week)
Training will be provided by the Company to the right candidate for the role
If you are interested, then please apply without delay
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
To keep our Weighbridge Clerk as safe as possible we provide gloves and hand santiser.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'