Are you looking for a weekend role within a Kitchen? Would you like to know your skills are ensuring elderly and vulnerable people in the local area are eating nutritious food, prepared to a high quality?
Thanks to our strong connection with the local community and council, we are looking for a cook to be available to work between 8am and 2pm Saturday and Sunday each week to support the local 'Meals on Wheels’ service. When the weekday cooks are Ill or on Holiday, you will be the first to be offered the shifts.
The hourly rate for the weekend shifts are £13.00. The weekday shifts are lower, however these are optional to you as the first source of cover.
As the weekend Cook, you would be responsible for the below;
- Managing all kitchen activities including preparation and packaging of the food.
- Ensuring all meals are regenerated in accordance with the company procedures an guidelines.
- Ensuring all Food Safety legislation is adhered to, and kept up to date.
- Ensure the Kitchen and storage areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained and ordered as required. This will include stock rotation and checking the deliveries for temperature, quality and quantity.
Due to the small size of the team, you will be required to speak with customers and social workers in a supportive and sensitive manor.
All staff employed through Atlantic resource would be required to participate actively in supporting the practices of Equality of opportunity as laid down in the organisations Equal Opportunities Policy.
If you are a skilled and qualified cook and would like to take on this opportunity, please apply today and we will be in contact.