A highly successful and popular event venue on the outskirts of Peterborough are looking to secure the skills of an experienced Wedding and/or Event Manager to assist in all aspects of the event business. You will be working alongside a small team offering dedicated and professional event management to both new and existing clients.
- Lead on client meetings from initial enquiry through the scoping, planning and execution of the event
- Take the lead on effectively planning, preparing, managing and executing a range of events from small group bookings to large events for 4000+
- Respond to event and booking enquiries via phone, email and face to face
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction prior to and during events. Proactively seek solutions, manage client feedback and ensure the highest levels of service
- Lead and assist with the physical elements of event setup and breakdown
- Overseeing the running of the event, leading by example to develop and motivate a team of seasonal staff to work collectively and efficiently to event specifications
- Provide creative input, develop and promote new ideas regarding service, new events/ markets or business opportunities
- Take an active lead on managing the Social Media platforms to drive sales and revenue, ensuring engaging content is uploaded
- Oversee procurement and negotiating - reviewing and sourcing supplier for catering, activities, stationary etc
- Handle all administration from quotations and invoicing to logistics and suppliers.
- You will need to have experience planning and managing events, a real hands-on manager, capable of taking on any role needed during the events as well as ensuring your team are effective on the day.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organisational skills and exceptional customer service are a must
- Experience creating proposals would also be advantageous although not essential
- The role requires evening and Saturday work (predominantly through the peak summer/autumn season) - Days off in Lieu and early finishes agreed in exchange
In exchange you will be offered an attractive salary, negotiable dependent on experience and a real opportunity to make a difference and develop with a growing and thriving business.
Your details will be reviewed by one of our Recruitment Partners and we will contact you again within 5 working days if your application is to be progressed further.
- Event Management
- Event Planning
- Large Events
- Managing Events
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job