The General Merchandise team works on the "and more". General Merchandise is expanding rapidly by increasing its range on ocado.com and by launching new specialist websites: fetch.co.uk, a pet specialist, launched in 2013, Sizzle.co.uk, a kitchen and dining specialist, launched in 2014, and Fabled.com a premium beauty destination launched in partnership with Marie Claire in 2016.
The General Merchandise team is looking for a passionate and intelligent individual to work in the customer focused Web Trading team where they will be responsible for optimising conversion rates and increasing sales across the specialist sites and the Non-Food ranges on ocado.com
Roles & Responsibilities
As a General Merchandise Web Trading Manager you will own all visual merchandising in your trading area, which could span multiple websites. You will directly manage a small team of Web Trading Assistants who will help you with your primary aims of optimising online conversion rates and meeting basket targets.
This should be achieved through:
- Idea generation: Creating innovative ways to increase both traffic and conversion
- Utilising web analytics: Monitoring KPIs and identifying areas in need of improvement or ripe for a fresh approach
- Day-to-day ownership of products on site: Everything from product titles, descriptions, and images to category hierarchy and onsite SEO will be you and your team’s responsibility, both at the initial set-up stage and for ongoing improvement and optimisation
- On site A/B and multi-variate testing: Owning the process within your trading area, working with the analyst team to define the scope, set-up, execution and analysis of onsite tests, building a 'test & learn’ culture within the team.
- Knowledge of product categories, key competitors, and appropriate technologies: Becoming an expert within your trading area on all things Web Trading related.
Experience & Skills
- Commercial awareness: You will be working in trading areas alongside the Buying and Supply Chain teams.
- Problem solving: Developing practical solutions to specific problems whilst not hampering the 'big picture’.
- Advanced Excel and Google Analytics skills: The role will involve analysing data and drawing conclusions from the data on a regular basis.
- Previous line management: The role requires developing more junior team members.
- Customer focused: The more you understand our customers’ needs the easier and more fulfilling the job will be!
- Solid experience in ecommerce
- You will be self-motivated and pro active
- Experience of working with key stakeholders
- You will have good time management skills
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.