Salary: Competitive Salary
Closing date: 31 Mar 2018
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Full-time
Location: Welwyn Garden City
The General Merchandise team works on the "and more". General Merchandise is expanding rapidly by increasing its range on ocado.com and by launching new specialist websites: fetch.co.uk, a pet specialist, launched in 2013, Sizzle.co.uk, a kitchen and dining specialist, launched in 2014, and Fabled.com a premium beauty destination launched in partnership with Marie Claire in 2016.
Under the direction of the Commercial Manager as a Web Trading Executive you will be responsible for all product launches and visual merchandising in your trading area. You will manage a Web Trading Assistant who will help you with your primary aims of optimising online conversion rates and sales on behalf of our Business Partner.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility and ownership for images and product information, ensuring that they are correct and contain enough information for customers to make informed purchases
- Supplier setup
- Work with our partner to continually develop product information and onsite imagery
- Populating and updating internal systems and googledocs
- Ensure new and existing products are tagged into the appropriate aisles
- Support regular reviews of navigation of our current onsite ranges
- Read and assess the suitability of product reviews and ensure that a response is given as required
- Assist with promo changeover -working with partner to obtaining assets, coordinating information for sales initiatives e.g events
- Knowledge of product categories, key competitors, and appropriate technologies: Becoming an expert within your trading area on all things Web Trading related.
- Support category reviews evaluating our merchandising compared to our competitors and provide recommendations on further on site improvements.
- Proactively deal with all queries (e.g Customer, Internal and Business Partner) and work with all parties to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Attend meetings with business partner/supplier to enable better support for product launches and merchandising activity
- Liaise with Merchandise Planner when commencing promotional merchandising onsite to ensure adequate stock availability
- Provide general support as required to the wider team to meet business needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong administration skills to maintain consistent and high quality product listings
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring information is accurate
- Good communication skills as you will be liaising with a number of different teams and business stakeholders.
- PC literate, including Excel/Google sheets , as well as a quick learner, as the role will require the use of a number of different internal systems
- You also need to be organised to deal with lots of different tasks at the same time
- You need to be a flexible team player who’s willing to get stuck in and help out whenever needed
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn are essential
- Customer focused as the more you can understand our customers’ needs, the easier and more fulfilling this job will be
- Commercial awareness and problem solving skills
- Customer focused: The more you understand our customers’ needs the easier and more fulfilling the job will be!
- Experience with online retailing.
- Ideally some experience with Google Analytics
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.