Web Testing Engineer - writing automated User Journeys
- Award-winning, Canterbury-based software company
Communication is essential in this role as you will need to be able to describe very technical details in the simplest language possible
- Salary £22-25k
The business is an established and expanding Canterbury based software company providing innovative solutions to a growing list of leading eCommerce clients throughout the UK.
Based in the heart of Canterbury, the company offers a relaxed working environment that encourages growth and development, and which is dedicated to supporting its clients through the development of industry leading technology.
You will work on providing comprehensive monitoring and testing solutions using, and extending, our market leading in-house developed platform. As a member of the expert team you will analyse, code and maintain these solutions; you'll need to get to grips with complex object-oriented systems, together with understanding the latest web technologies as used out in the market - with their strengths and complexities.
Your job will be to develop and maintain dynamic user journeys. In addition to this, you will be investigating issues, from errors with websites including slowness to broken functionality, replicating manually where necessary, and feeding back the results of your investigation to client liaison team.
- Writing and ongoing maintenance of automated User Journeys to test client’s websites and applications, using our purpose built engine
- Investigation and replication of issues reported by tests about the client’s site
- Provide high quality information to other teams based on your analysis/results
- Testing of new products/features to be offered to our clients
- Participate in design, development and maintenance of software tools to improve the team performance
- Object-oriented programming, whether Java, C#, Python, etc
- Be an excellent problem solver - there are always new corner cases that arise as eCommerce technology develops rapidly, and as its practise across the market varies
- Ability to operate and communicate clearly and efficiently in a dynamic team-based environment
- Must not be afraid of manual testing and replication
- BSc in Computer Science or related area.
- Linux proficiency
- Experience with Python
- QA testing experience
- Computer Science
- Web Testing
- User Journeys