Do you have:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN?
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK?
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION?
We call this #EEWAP, and if you are full of #EEWAP then an apprenticeship with Tech City Stars could be PERFECT for you!
WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
We’re in need of an enthusiastic and talented, budding developer, to join our team of developers.
The role will primarily be working on new projects or existing projects. We have some exciting projects on the go, where you will be able to work within a team of developers to deliver a final product following an agile development methodology and produce the necessary documentation from investigating requirements, design solutions, implementation and testing.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Working alongside other developers on new and/ or existing projects
- Liaise with line manager to investigate and produce requirements for a project
- Working with smaller to mid-size campaign websites
- Use of CMS
- Ability to learn and adapt to new development environment
- Use of database software - MySQL.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Designing techniques and Testing strategies
- Continuously contributing to the team and development
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
Technical skills to be obtained:
Programming: JAVA, C Sharp, Python
Database: SQL Server
Software. / IDE: NetBeans, Eclipse, visual studio, Adobe suite
Servers: Apache, Tomcat
On completion of this apprenticeship the candidate will have gained valuable knowledge, skills and techniques of software engineering, web development and project management. This skills, knowledge and work experience could then be transferred straight on to the workplace.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE GOOD AT?
Our client would be particularly interested in candidates with;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
- IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
- Minimum GCSE Grade of C in Maths and English
All you need is EEWAP - Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
There’s tons of information on Tech City Stars, our qualifications and our process for helping young people to kickstart their careers on our website - www.techcitystars.co
ABOUT TECH CITY STARS
Tech City Stars helps talented young people to start their careers through exciting apprenticeships with a focus on digital skills. Apprentices are able to choose from one of our three advanced apprenticeship pathways - Digital Marketing, IT Support & Networks and Web & Software Development. Once you’ve applied, we’ll work with you to understand which pathway is the best fit for your skills, personality and interests and then we’ll introduce you to employers looking for apprentices in that pathway.
Every week, Tech City Stars puts on an awesome event where employers come to meet a group of young people who are full of #EEWAP and who are looking for apprenticeships. The event lasts a full day, and every candidate gets the opportunity to meet and impress a group of awesome businesspeople who are looking to hire apprentices. After the event, employers invite successful candidates to work trials in their offices, and if that goes well - hey presto - YOU’RE AN APPRENTICE!
- Web Development
- Database Systems