Due to continued growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the E-Commerce Department of our client; a market-leading distributor. You will be working as part of a small and dynamic team that defines the roadmap for the company's online services, managing the support, development and testing of their primary website, brand-related sites, customer white-label sites and portfolio of web and related e-commerce services. They are looking for a self-starting individual with a real desire to learn and make this position their own, preferably with a technical background.
·1st and 2nd Line support, management and configuration of the company website and related technologies (search, product information systems, content management systems, enterprise service bus and other integrated software and back-end systems)
·Troubleshoot user and technical issues, test and recreate bugs and coordinate the release of fixes with 3rd party web developers into production environments.
·Participate in the rollout of new software or functionality by creating briefs and user stories, testing to ensure functional requirements are met and coordinating releases into a production environment.
·2nd Line support (covering 1st line as required) of customers on the use of their white-label website solution and related e-commerce queries, providing help and guidance and troubleshooting issues.
·Analyse large sets of data from several sources and manipulate them into the required format.
·Create management reports by collating information from different sources
·Liaise with 3rd party hosting company to ensure maximum uptime of the environment
·Create and maintain documentation and deliver training to internal users.
·Attend trade shows across the UK and Europe as required, including involvement in office-based customer seminar days.
- SQL scripting/database admin skills, or report writing using SQL. You don’t need to be mega advanced, just have exposure as part of yourcurrent role.
- Data manipulation skills (working information in excel, transferring data between systems etc.)
- Application support skills (rather than fixing hardware)
- Customer-facing support would be a bonus.
- Preferably experience of working alongside developers (either internal developers or 3rd party). Has spent time testing new features/bug fixes
- This is not for somebody that is or wants to be a developer.
- SQL Server and T-SQL
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Product Information Management (PIM) systems
- Networks and DNS
- JIRA support and development tracking
- Edge / Internet Explorer / Firefox / Chrome / Safari browsers
- MS Office
- Google Analytics / Adwords
- Slack communication system
These are the programmes that you will be working on, experience in all these is not essential as training will be given.
- 2nd Line
- Data Manipulation