Manage the in-house design studio, producing all creative assets for website and traditional marketing channels, as well as supporting other departments within Mothercare to deliver creative solutions to design briefs.
Ensuring all work is delivered within specified deadlines and to a high standard that supports the brand guidelines and proposition.
Although you will be responsible for managing a team, you will also be expected to get your hands dirty and contribute to creating assets and writing code.
- Manage a team holding regular 1-1's, team meetings and coaching sessions to build a high performing creative team, supported by the Creative Production Manager
- Manage the in-house design studio to ensure that all deadlines are met and creative delivered consistently in line with the brand guidelines and brand proposition, escalating any concerns regarding deadlines to the Creative Production Manager
- Deliver marketing creative consistently across all channels (digital and traditional) to ensure that the customer message is the same wherever and however they choose to shop, seeking final sign off from the Creative Production Manager.
- Manage and produce graphic and HTML content in line with briefs provided by the site merchandising, UX, online and offline marketing teams, including page layouts and themes, site graphics, banner ads, flash animations, store POS, leaflets, Head Office posters, event POS, new store opening, closure and refurb POS
- Ensure the web sites comply with legal and regulatory guidelines, including web 'best practice' and disability accessibility standards under the Equality Act (EA)
- Manage the production of all hardware and P&L ticketing, obtaining final sign off from the POS team
- Create design concepts for site changes, new campaigns and ad hoc projects, following the briefs provided by the Brand Marketing and Direct teams
- Present creative concepts to relevant teams within Head Office and deliver amends to achieve sign-off
- Support the Creative Production Manager in defining and deliveringworking improvements to design and implementation process
- Work with the design, web and brand teams to analyse the effectiveness of creative and continually optimise/improve for future designs
- Be the main point of contact for websites front end development, issues relating to it and resolution of those issues
- Maintain a high level of awareness of competitor and market design initiatives and trends and share knowledge/best practice with colleagues
- Ad-hoc projects as briefed by the Creative Production Manager
- Product Design
- Brand Marketing inc. POS
- Web trading
- SMP (print supplier)
Knowledge & Skills
- Graphic design professional with demonstrable experience of commercial web design and traditional design
- Creative thinker and ideas generator
- Experienced team leader
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of customer experience techniques and usability issues
- User of image manipulation and design software including Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash
- Knowledge of CSS and html best practices
- Highly organised, able to prioritise own and team's work schedule and work to tight deadlines
- Team player - able to work with and support other team member
What’s in it for you?
These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.