Web & Digital Officer - £30,000 per annum SE London
9 months fixed term contract
5 mins Walk for Kennington or Oval tube.
15 mins bus from Victoria or Waterloo.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Web & Digital Officer to join a busy communications team. If you have experience of producing content across various digital channels and looking for your next role then get in touch.
Working with and assisting the Web and Digital Manager to ensure the smooth running of the digital function and the broader work of the Communications Department
- To provide assistance in the monitoring and moderating of user generated content on digital channels.
- To draft correspondence and prepare statistical reports for digital channels as required
- Manage the process for web and intranet change requests, including liaising with IT, other departments and external suppliers on deployment projects.
- To manage updates to the web and intranet sites when appropriate, be proactive in sourcing, writing and uploading news items, and to review and update existing content where necessary.
- Answering general queries and providing support to all employees and stakeholders on web and intranet matters, including monitoring web inboxes
- To perform user acceptance testing on digital developments as directed by the Web and Digital Manager.
- Lead on specific digital campaigns to produce video content, including liaising with departments, scripting, filming, and pre and post production work.
- To work with the Web and Digital Manager to identify new opportunities and producing engaging content across all digital platforms.
- To ensure the appropriate systems and processes are in place for media and public relations function including Maintenance and development of the on-line press office, press log, press cuttings service, monitoring media coverage, producing media reports, research and maintaining media distribution lists as required.
- To contribute to the ongoing development of departmental processes as required.
- To support the communications department in the delivery of projects and activities where appropriate in relation to the fulfilment of the Communications Strategy and the organisation’s business need
- To prepare reports and statistical information as required.
- To respond to telephone, letter and e-mail enquiries from stakeholders, registrants and the general public relating to the Communications Department matters
- The post will involve some travelling and working outside of normal office hours attending meetings and events
- To understand the information security requirements for information accessed or processed in carrying out the duties of the role, treating the information with appropriate care as set out in the Information Classification and Handling Policy.
- To carry out the responsibilities of the post with due regard to the Equality and Diversity Policy and to treat colleagues and other stakeholders with respect and dignity at all times.
- Excellent written communication skills, in particular writing content for a range of online environments
- Excellent oral skills, including the ability to communicate professionally with all external stakeholders and employees
- Demonstrated ability as an effective team player with the ability to contribute to team discussion and contribute to the ongoing development of the department
- The ability to follow processes and procedures, including the ability to seek advice where appropriate
- Ability to exercise initiative with minimum supervision
- Experience of effectively handling a number of tasks at once
- Appreciation of design and producing dynamic and engaging content for digital platforms, e.g. video, online banners
- Sound working knowledge of industry standard video and image editing software e.g. Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
- Knowledge of basic HTML coding and web development software.
- Experience of using and administering content management systems
- Experience and knowledge of working in a supporting role within either a charity, public sector organisation, regulatory environment or health field
- Contribute constructively to discussion, listening to others’ perspectives.
- Keep others informed of issues that affect them or their work, providing relevant and timely information.
- Communicate clearly, accurately and concisely.
- Play an active role in the team, making a positive contribution.
- Build supportive, professional and co- operative working relationships with all colleagues, respecting diversity.
- Understand where their own work fits into overall department and team aims and collaborate in delivery of these objectives.
- Take personal responsibility for making things happen, recognising when to seek help or involve others.
- Honour commitments, showing a professional approach, flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Be proactive in achieving goals.
- Show commitment to delivering high quality work, checking their own work against objectives and expectations.
- Accept and act on constructive feedback to improve own performance.
- Show initiative to make or suggest improvements which improve service quality or resolve problems
- Manage their own time and workload effectively, focusing efforts on agreed targets and deadlines.
- Organise allocated resources to ensure that their own work is delivered efficiently and effectively.
- Identify ways to work more effectively or efficiently and propose suggestions.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
- Adobe Photoshop
- Content Management
- Written Communication
- User Acceptance Testing