You will join a team of developers who act as a companywide resource to deliver systems across the organisation. This role will have a specific slant on our customer facing eCommerce platform, utilising CMS systems including Sanity and Shopify 2.0. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating appealing visual content on our fully responsive website. This role would suit someone with experience and a passion for Web Design, a creative mindset, and who has the ability and drive to investigate, research, solve problems, and is focused on achieving results through persistence and tenacity.
We will support you to learn and develop your skills. You’ll work as part of a team and individually, creating web content to make our online shopping experience a class leading user experience for our customers, always delivering projects to the highest standards.
Key Responsibilities as our Web Developer:
- Creating visually appealing web pages or interfaces
- Creating, editing or modifying templates for a CMS or web development framework
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform and cross-device compatibility
- Testing for compliance to specified standards such as accessibility standards
- Understand, Plan, Develop, Test and Document Web implementations as part of a team
- Conducting observational user testing or reviewing designs against usability heuristics
Requirements to be our Web Developer:
- 1-2 years’ experience designing for commercial websites
- Awareness of Content Management Systems, e.g. Sanity.io
- Great time management and organisation skills
- Customer focused mentality
- Experience and knowledge of mobile development and optimisation including responsive methodology
Desirable experience to be our Web Developer:
- CMS experience using Shopify, Shopify 2.0 and Sanity
- Experience using Adobe creative suite, e.g. Photoshop and Adobe XD
Pay & Benefits you will receive as our Web Developer:
Salary: up to £30,000 depending on experience plus;
- Generous Staff Discount
- Discretionary Bonus
- Flexible start and end times (core hours 9.30-3.30pm)
- Hybrid working options
- Free onsite parking
- Holiday Entitlement (Increases with service)
- Company Contribution Pension
- Access to RetailTRUST (Wellbeing & Financial Support)
- Access to the Pavers Foundation: an employee-led grant application and charitable giving scheme
We are passionate about providing comfort and happiness to our customers, and we make sure to employ people who are as passionate as we are. We always look for happy, confident, upbeat people, and we provide great jobs in a supportive family environment for them. We know that without our colleagues there is no business, and so the better we look after you, the better service you will provide our customers. We always try and do the right thing by our people.
Pavers has been trading for over 50 years and is a highly profitable family owned-and-run retail business with a strong balance sheet, over 170 retail locations, and a rapidly expanding digital presence. We also own the Jones Bootmaker and Herring Shoes footwear businesses, remain acquisitive, and employ over 1600 people.?We were recently recognised by Best Companies as one of the UK’s Top 10 Retail Employers, are Carbon Neutral, have donated more than £1m to charity in the past 3 years, are currently applying for B Corp accreditation, and are imminently undertaking a significant expansion and modernisation of our Warehouse, Head Office, and Retail estates.
We strive for diversity of thinking across the business and believe strongly in supporting our local communities. In 2018 we donated over £2.2m to establish the Pavers Foundation, with the specific purpose of providing grants for causes important to all our colleagues in the areas of health, education, and community. In terms of the environment, we are constantly seeking to reduce our impact. Since 2021 we have been fully carbon neutral, and we also have one of the largest solar arrays in the North-East of England on our warehouse generating clean energy. Because every year we give a percentage of our annual profits to our Foundation, our overarching aim is to be financially successful, but to achieve this in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
If this sounds like the kind of business you’d like to know more about, we’d love to hear from you - please apply today for the role of Web Developer!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'