The day-to-day work of a web developer varies depending on whether they work mainly for clients or in-house for an organization, but most roles include:
- planning and prototyping new applications and web pages
- designing the architecture of the components of an application
- deciding on the best technologies and languages for the project
- testing sites and applications in different browsers and environments
- fixing bugs in existing projects
- testing new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases
- running performance benchmarking tests
- reviewing colleagues' code
- building and testing Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications to exchange data
- gathering requirements from clients and users
- learning and testing new technologies, frameworks and languages
- staying up to date with new trends and advancements in web development
- building and maintaining databases
- refactoring and optimizing existing code
- documenting code so other developers can understand and contribute to it
- attending and speaking at web development conferences and workshops
- Designing information architecture within an application or website.
Web developers need to demonstrate a range of technical knowledge in areas such as client-side components, server-side languages, web application frameworks and database management systems, as well as experience with version control systems, and a thorough understanding of the architecture of web applications and web security and encryption.
You will need to have:
Attention to detail
A logical approach to problem-solving
The ability to work independently and in mixed teams
Experience of development methodologies (like agile and waterfall)
The ability to manage a complex range of tasks and meet deadlines
Good communication skills.
Minimum 5 years of experience in the industry.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'