Location: Maidstone (Bearsted)
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Our client, a fire and flood damage restoration company is looking to add a Web Developer to their team.
This role is responsible for the development and maintenance of new and existing websites and on line applications.
Specific accountabilities and duties
- Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for the business’ digital projects
- Contributing to “scope of build” conversations with the Digital team, senior stakeholders, designers, and other developers
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Developing back-end platforms (Wordpress is our primary platform).
- Developing front-end interfaces
- Turning PSD/Ai mock-ups, into fully functional web pages, apps or HTML emails
- Developing and maintaining the business’ WordPress themes and plugins
- Collaborating in the development of new and existing website features and IA
- Developing custom web applications that drive business processes
- Setting up e-commerce applications / platforms (e.g. Shopify, Magento)
- Ensuring high-performance and availability (hosted with WP Engine), and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Contributing to the support of current aligned websites
- Contributing to Ideal Groups best practices; recommending, exploring and implementing better ways to deliver marketing objectives via digital channels
- Growing personal expertise through structured learning and exploration
Required knowledge and experience
- Experienced with CSS pre-processors like Sass or LESS (Currently using Sass)
- Comfortable with refactoring code
- Able to develop / add new modules, themes, plugins, features and functionalities
- Experienced with responsive and adaptive design
- Has an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment.
- Competent in MySQL database programming (the WordPress default database)
- Experienced in version control using platforms such as GitHub or Bit Bucket
- Competent in the use of API integrations like Zapier, Twilio, and other platforms that are essential to business growth
- Comfortable working with debugging tools
- Able to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Has a keen eye for detail in the execution of design to code
- Has a solid understanding of SEO
- Has basic Illustrator/Photoshop skills
If you have experience within a similar role then please apply!