Location: Brighton, East Sussex BN1 1ND
Salary: £35,000 to £50,000 per annum
About the company:
Our client is an award winning, multi-national ecommerce travel company located in central Brighton, employing over 100 team members – “a technology company that does travel”. They are expanding globally by launching new product ranges and websites, across a number of distribution and supply channels / web platforms. Key to the success of this expansion is the optimisation of new global channels and the acquisition of new and returning customers to their various language websites.
Duties of the Web Developer:
- Design and deliver scalable, flexible, and high-performance web applications.
- Be proficient in web development and have the drive to get the work done.
- Be eager to work within our Agile development environment.
- Be proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills.
- Have initiative and drive to research and promote new technologies.
- Anticipate, predict and resolve problems before schedules are impacted.
- Solve problems independently and as part of a team
- Have strong interpersonal skills with focus on teamwork and collaboration.
- Collaborate with business users and development team to deliver technology products.
- Help identify new opportunities and improvements
- Play an active role around input into design and functionality decisions
Requirements of the Web Developer:
- 2+ years of experience developing PHP web applications
- Experience with API’s – REST, SOAP
- Database Experience - MS SQL Server, MySQL or similar
- Experience with PHP Frameworks (eg, Symfony, Zend, MVC)
- Comprehensive understanding of a mobile first approach
- Ability to develop responsive applications for multiple devices and platforms
- Working knowledge of on-line security
- Knowledge of both server and client-side caching and the factors that affect site & application speed
- Comfortable using version controls such as Github or SVN.
- Understanding of Linux systems (LAMP) (Desirable)
- Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure (AWS or similar) (Desirable)
Web Developer Benefits:
- Performance Related bonus scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Competitive Annual leave policy
- Birthday off
- Flexible Working
- Free Holiday Transfer Scheme
- Educational & Personal Development funding
- Season Ticket Loans
- Childcare Vouchers
- 6 Company sponsored Social Events (includes Summer & Christmas Party)
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Web Developer role is right for you then please apply today!