A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Web Developer to join their established but growing technology practice.
This is a Permanent position based in the North West
About Personal and Corporate Technology
Personal and Corporate Banking (PCB) Technology is a global team of more than 5000 Technology and Change employees that support our Personal and Corporate Banking business. Based around the world from Australia to Japan to Switzerland, we are responsible for delivering an effective end-to-end Technology service for PCB and driving digital simplification and mass automation. We are also responsible for delivering highly resilient and scalable technology services across PCB, extending across all of our technology platforms and providing a 24/7 service for our customers and colleagues.
Overall purpose of role
The role is for a Web Developer working in Mobile Payments team on applications. As a Web Developer, you will build new features for our websites, working collaboratively alongside Solution architects, UI/UX designers, and Proposition Managers.
Web Development (70%)
- Translate wireframes and detailed requirements into engaging, user-centred visual design.
- Participate in technical implementation planning, ensuring that the integrity of live operations will be maintained.
- Understand the various phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Review and understand component designs to build knowledge and understand how these fit within an end-to-end system design.
- Collaborate and communicate with other developers to build efficient technical solutions.
- Manage all software engineering quality standards / benchmarks.
Technical Consultancy (30%)
- Ability to manage Advice and Guidance (A&G) documents and project Plan and Estimates (P&Es) that impact applications / products within domain.
- Create prototypes to explore innovative solutions and features.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Strong team worker required to work closely with Solution architects, UI/UX designers, API development team and Proposition managers to refine & implement features.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
Knowledge in following:
- Node NPM
- Proven ability of working in an agile team following Scrum methodology
- Proven track record of successfully using different software development methodologies TDD, BDD
- Web Performance optimization
- Grunt, Gulp, webpack
- Java Spring MVC
- Knowledge of application security principals and secure coding techniques.