£40k - £75k (depending on experience) base salary plus benefits
Bracknell (some flex for home working)
A brief description of the main purpose of the role
Web Developers integrate web-based applications into our platform for customers. From design, development, testing, deploying and maintaining up-to-date applications and services, they enable our business to deliver mission-critical communications solutions for customers.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
The key deliverables, critical for effective performance e.g. customer satisfaction, and a brief description of why it is important
- Functionality: development releases will introduce new functionality that meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Bug Free: the jobholder should strive to provide development releases with a low or with no bugs, helping to reduce follow up support time and improve customer satisfaction.
- On-time: development releases deliver sometimes critical services/functionality to customers and so meeting deadlines/time commitments is highly important.
3-5 major areas of responsibility with a brief description of the expected activities
- Design the architecture of new application components and achieve internal sign off for development specifications where required.
- Develop browser-based applications and features to meet customer/project requirements.
- Use the company’s chosen methodology/process eg Agile.
- Thoroughly test new features or developments to make sure they perform the desired task correctly in all cases. Test sites / applications in different browsers (versions), as necessary.
- Work with Quality Assurance teams/processes to validate builds ready for launch.
- Launch development projects, staying available to ensure success. Ensure all change processes are followed.
- Ensure appropriate documentation/updates are provided to relevant colleagues/customers.
Maintenance & improvement
- Problem solve and fix bugs as discovered/reported.
- Perform ongoing maintenance or upgrade of the platform as required, following internal change procedures at all times.
- Review colleagues’ code and work as required prior to changes.
- Build and maintain databases when relevant.
- Share ideas and work on projects for improving applications, process or the wider platform.
- Review projects/deployments and learn lessons to improve future performance.
- Design and pilot prototype applications where required.
- Stay up to date with trends and technological advancements in web development. Learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages as relevant.
Essential (E) or desirable (D) knowledge, education, experience and skills
Education & Qualifications:Specialised/Technical
3x A-C Grade A levels or equivalent
Bachelors Degree in a STEM, Computer Science or related subject
Good experience in SQL and using relation databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and PostGRES
Experience in source control, in particular Git
Experience working with an Agile environment, in particular Scrum, and applying supporting practices such as TDD (Test Driven Development).
Knowledge and experience working to OWASP ASVS or equivalent application security standards.
Experience in developing containerising applications with Docker and using orchestration such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes.
Experience in NoSQL databases such as ElasticSearch.
Experience in using test tools such as Selenium Web Driver, SoapUI, Burp Suite
Able to understand the impact of functionality on customers/appreciate customer needs.
- Web Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'