FDM Group is a global professional services provider with a focus on IT, working with over 200 clients across multiple business sectors. FDM’s business model is both unique and robust, bringing people and technology together by providing training and career opportunities for people to work with our prestigious clients. With centres across the UK, Europe, North America and Asia, FDM is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and is listed in the FTSE 250.
Working in the IT Development Team, the Web Developer works within the Development and Delivery team facilitating the website development and deployment efforts for the FDM website. The successful applicant will be based in our central Leeds office working as part of the IT Development team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the WordPress CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Ability to build and maintain custom themes within WordPress
FDM Group is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications that reflect the diversity of our wider community.