We’re expanding our in-house team and seek a Front End Web Developer with a 'can do’ attitude, passion for working in a bright, busy, deadline-driven environment and the ability to collaborate with others to deliver great looking bespoke websites, ecommerce solutions and online database systems. If you have a few years of experience that helps, but most importantly we are looking for a candidate with a strong portfolio and the right cultural fit.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- You will make sure our websites and systems look good, work on all platforms, devices and browsers and are easy to use
- Using design layouts from our creative team to produce engaging, user-friendly pages and appealing, intuitive backend control panel interfaces
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Working knowledge of responsive frameworks like Bootstrap, plus ability to create CSS from scratch
- An interest in the latest techniques, including responsive, mobile-first design
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (whether face to face, telephone or email)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- A good eye for attractive design layout with user experience in mind
Experience with some or all of the following will enhance your application:
- Solid understanding of web standards and accessibility
- PHP experience
- SQL Database experience (preferably MySQL)
- Administering / managing hosting environments (preferably using Plesk)
- Knowledge of SEO best practice
- An eye for recognising the importance of conversion and visible calls to action
- Experience working in commercial web development
We’re an established web design agency founded over 17 years ago, with a global portfolio of clients ranging from local companies to multi nationals and international tourist boards. Our office culture involves the sharing of ideas, excitement over new technology and real pride in what we produce as a team. We seek out the best people who share the same enthusiasm and who genuinely want to make a difference.
What we offer:
- Great starting salary (dependant on experience and ability) with regular reviews
- Relaxed, professional environment
- Dedicated training budget to continue your professional development
- Free parking on site
- Generous holiday package
- Company pension scheme
- Office pooches Milo and Wilbur are part of the team (no allergies please)
The right candidate must be able to point us to a portfolio of web development work that demonstrates ability to create an adaptive and engaging online experience in a variety of industries, apply today with your latest CV and examples of your finest work.
Agencies please note: Your T&C's must be agreed in writing in advance of any CV's being sent for review, unsolicited CV's received will not be reviewed and will not constitute an introduction or contract. This role supersedes all previously advertised roles and previous candidates need to re-apply for consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job